When your body lacks water, the organs and cells cry out for help. This cry may manifest as a headache, constipation, fatigue and in many other ways. The more fresh water you drink, the healthier you will be. Your digestive fluids and excretory fluids are mainly composed of water. You need water for circulation, nervous system, for flushing out toxins and for cleansing the whole body. Functions of water in the body:
• Regulates: body temperature through sweating,
• Cleanses the body by removing toxins and wastes in excretion, perspiration, and urination.
• It washes each and every cell in the body
• It is needed for digestion & absorption of food,
• Transports oxygen and nutrients to the cells.
• Lubricates joints, without water, bones would rub against each
• Protects tissues, organs and the spinal cord from shock and damage, without water organs would stick together and tear. Water combines with other substances to relieve or prevent: lower back pain, chronic fatigue syndrome, headaches, migraines, allergies, colitis, rheumatoid arthritis, depression, hypertension, cholesterol, hangovers, neck pain, muscle pain, joint pain, bloating, constipation, ulcers, low energy levels, stomach pain, confusion and disorientation. One of the ladies
I worked with had severe disorientation on her second and third days in hospital. When she recovered she wanted the doctor to give her the name of the drug which had caused the disorientation but her doctor insisted that the cause was dehydration. She couldn’t believe it.
• It decreases risk of kidney stones and other diseases.
• Maintains: muscle tone, weight loss, clear and healthy skin
• Water is good for a healthy weight. It suppresses appetite and helps the body to metabolize fat. Many times people think they are hungry when it is actually dehydration. So before you rush to binge, why don’t drink to your health first? Water replaces the calorie rich drinks and therefore reduces your calorie intake especially the
empty calories. Don’t think of taking any diet drinks instead. They are lethal. They will destroy your health!
• Quenches thirst; there is nothing that can really quench the thirst as well as water. Most sweet drinks will give you a false relief but soon after taking them you find yourself thirsty again!
Pg: 138-147 Protection is Better than Cure Let the Holy Spirit be your Health Mentor